Wednesday 30 July 2014

Summer health kick with our smoothie maker.


So I bit the bullet and bought a Nutribullet.

Buying smoothies at almost £3 a pop when fruit and veg is so cheep in the supermarkets is just not cost effective, and if you can shop clever you can really get the most out of your pennies. I picked up a pineapple in aldi for 69p. Chopped it into chunks and chucked it in the freezer. I can just add a few chunks to my smoothies for weeks, without any waste. I have done the same with strawberries and blueberries. 


I started today with a delicious breakfast smoothie.

Porridge oats
Strawberries
Blueberries
Natural yogurt
Almonds
Milk


A quick blitz (and the nutribullet is very quick) and it's done. The porridge oats make it really filling and it is soooooo tasty.


We did get a few smoothie recipe books, but to be honest you soon get the hang of which fruits and veg work well together and what works for you. My husband and I really love the green smoothies, we normally use. 

Spinach
White cabbage
Carrots
Green apple
Green grapes 
Banana 
Top up with water


This is really refreshing and you can feel smug all day long as it's got so much good stuff in it.

Really loving my Nutribullet and use it every day and as someone who spends most of my free time baking cakes and biscuits it's lovely to have a kitchen gadget that you know is super healthy and I can know eat my cake guilt free. 




No comments:

Post a Comment